Attorney Carter has worked as an aggressive advocate for clients who have suffered personal injury due to the negligent behavior of others. This kind of case is perhaps best illustrated by a car accident in which one driver sues the other for an accident that was caused by improper driving. The driver that caused the accident can be held responsible for all damages caused by such negligence, including medical bills incurred for necessary medical care, treatment and rehabilitation, compensation for lost wages, the cost of repair of your automobile, physical and mental pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life.
In wrongful death cases, the heirs of a person whose death was caused by someone else’s negligent actions can sue the person or business responsible for damages, including the wages the deceased would have earned had he or she lived, medical bills incurred, funeral bills, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and loss of society and companionship. Having a strong advocate is invaluable when seeking a legal resolution involving a wrongful death case. Attorney Carter aims to serve that role in every such case he handles.
Attorney Carter has successfully advocated for clients and guided them in their pursuit of monetary compensation for damages or injuries they suffered when health care providers failed to meet the required standard of care in their care and treatment of persons suffering from an illness or injury. In such cases, these medical providers can be held responsible for injuries and damages caused by this failure. Based on current law, these cases must be filed within two years after the negligent actions if the doctors and nurses were providing their services at a private facility and within one year if they were doing so at a governmental facility such as a city or county owned hospital. Thus, it is necessary for an investigation of your case to proceed without delay so that your rights can be protected.
There are a variety of different situations that can give rise to personal injury, wrongful death, and medical malpractice cases. Having a strong advocate is invaluable when seeking a legal resolution involving such cases. Attorney Carter has handled many of these kinds of cases. The settlements described below are representative, and not all inclusive, of the types of successes he has had when serving as an advocate on behalf of his clients in such cases. Although not all situations in which someone is injured leads to liability or compensation, you can be sure that Attorney Carter will be a strong advocate when working to resolve your case.
Vehicle Accident Cases
- Client suffered severe injuries in a motor vehicle accident caused by a negligent truck driver. Attorney Carter reached a settlement for $2 million dollars.
- Client suffered severe injuries in a motor vehicle accident caused by negligent driving of a business vehicle. Attorney Carter reached a settlement for $1.8 million dollars.
- Client suffered severe injuries when county left road equipment in the road and Client collided into it. The client was granted a $2 million-dollar judgment after a 2-day bench trial.
- Client’s loved one died as the result of a badly designed fuel line that caused a fire to erupt when the car crashed into a tree. Attorney Carter reached a settlement for $2 million dollars.
Slip and Fall Cases
- Client slipped and fell on a wet floor in hospital, breaking her ankle. After a one day trial, judge found that hospital was negligent and awarded a $150 thousand-dollar judgment.
- Client slipped and fell on a wet floor of a fast food restaurant, injuring her shoulder. Attorney Carter reached a settlement for $100 thousand-dollars.
Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse Cases
- Secured a $300 thousand-dollar settlement from nursing home for substandard care of client
- Secured a $150 thousand-dollar settlement against nursing when client fell and broke her leg
- Secured a $150 thousand-dollar settlement against nursing home for substandard care of client
Medical Malpractice Cases
- Client suffered mal-treatment and care during her stay at nursing home. Attorney Carter reached a settlement with the nursing home for $300 thousand dollars.
- Client fell and broke her leg during treatment at a medical clinic. Attorney Carter reached a settlement with the clinic for $300 thousand dollars.
- Client suffered second degree burns to her face during an operation at a hospital. Attorney Carter reached a settlement with the hospital for $300 thousand dollars.
- Client was prescribed medicine that was not intended to be used for Client’s particular ailment and resulted in Client’s hospitalization. Attorney Carter reached a settlement with the doctor for $150 thousand dollars.
Wrongful Death Cases
- Client’s loved one died after her car exploded because of its crash unworthiness. Attorney Carter reached a settlement for $2.3 million dollars.
- Client’s loved one died due to truck driver’s negligence. Attorney Carter reached a settlement for $2 million dollars.
- Client loved ones died in a motor vehicle accident when commercial van T-boned their car. Attorney Carter reached a settlement for $2 million dollars.